Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tag...I'm it!



The theme is three things we're thankful for and Annie has tagged me!

I am thankful for so many things. Today I was listening to a song by Watermark called Grateful People. It really expresses how I feel toward God for blessing me, His daughter.

1) I am thankful for salvation! This may seem like an obvious one, but I think about it a lot and I truly am grateful for this gift.

2)I am thankful for my husband and children. My wonderful husband is a gift from God, truly. Anyone who knows our story knows that my husband was sent to me directly from God. With a little help from Annie, of course. ; )
He loves me so muchand I completely trust him and his decisions. We are best friends, we enjoy spending time together, we laugh together, and I am very thankful that he is my sweetheart.

I have 6 beautiful children. I am blessed to be their Mommy. Each one of my kids has a unique personality, even my twins, which surprised me for some reason. I guess I thought twins would be the same in every way. My kids are funny, sweet, annoying at times, loving, smart, and beautiful! I am so very thankful for each one of them, and for the one we are expecting in April.

3) I am thankful for my friends. I have many friends that God has blessed me with. I have Annie, whom I have known for 13 years. She carried me through tough times and we are like sisters. I have my sisters, Christina and Natalie, who are very close to me, especially since we have become adults. I know I can always count on them and I know they love me. We have so much fun together. They are 2 of my best friends.
I have friends from Mission, where we lived from 1999-2000. God put people in my life there to help me grow and change into the woman He wants me to become. Siobhan, Lora, and Holly are 3 friends I am still close to. I have friends who I met when we moved to RHCC about 6 years ago. We were all homeschooling at the time and we grew very close. Jill, Tracy, Lana, Micala...to name a few.
Leslie, who was my neighbor is Euless, is a great friend whom I am thankful for. We lived next door to each other for about a year and a half and got to be very good friends. We both moved last summer. She now lives in Georgia, so far away!
And then there's Cheerful! We have only known each other for alittle over a year, but feel like we have known each other forever. Cheerful is as unique as her name, she is fun, and I know God put us in each other's lives. We talk everyday, we are very close, and I am thankful for her!

There you have it, three things I am thankful for.

Okay, Cheerful, Nat and Christina, tag...you're it!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Julie, great list! I'm very thankful for you too!
I hope Corey likes the taco meatloaf... let me know.
There is so much to do to get ready! I think I'm gonna make several casseroles to freeze to serve to the guys in ponca.
Thanks for prayers! I hope it goes well.
love you.

anonymous jones said...

Hi there! Just randomly clicked on your blog - I was reading your routine list .. you are so organized !(That's not normal, is it?!)

Natalie said...

I'll post my 3 things soon! :)

Robin Green said...

Annie had tagged me for this meme also. I see that you have twins--mine are ten years old. I have always home-schooled but am sending mine next year! I have enjoyed reading your blog today. I love big families--I would have had more but my hubby and doctor did not approve because of my many complications. :(