Tuesday, February 20, 2007



This morning I walked out onto my front porch and I saw our first daffodil of Spring. It is so pretty! By noon there were 3 others bloomed. I love daffodils~ they are beautiful to look at and to smell. They remind me of Christina, because they are her birth flower. She was born in March. What's your birth flower? See this website to find out.

The website actually says that jonquils are the March flower. Are jonquils and daffodils the same flower? According to this Master Gardener, they are from the same family, but they are not the same flower. Well, daffodils still remind me of Christina, even if they are not truly her birth flower!

It is beautiful here today! The weather is gorgeous, 69 degrees right now, and there is a slight breeze. I have the windows open and it smells like Spring.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Awww... I love spring flowers!
I like the cold too. Spring is so pretty though...
We're getting ready for our ponca trip.

Natalie said...

I think I will have daffodils soon - cannot wait! :)