Monday, February 12, 2007

School Lunches

I need ideas for school lunches to pack for my kids. They take sandwiches almost every day, and sometimes they take a hot dog. I usually give them a piece of fruit or applesauce, and cookies or some kind of candy. Sometimes I send yogurt and occasionally string cheese. Dd12 takes leftovers usually and sometimes a sandwich. She has a microwave so she can heat up her food. What are some other ideas for school lunches? What do you send with your kids?

TV Shows

There are a couple of TV shows that I do not like. I can't figure out why so many people love these shows. One of these is Gray's Anatomy. I do think Patrick Dempsey (is that his name?) is adorable, but I don't like the show AT ALL. I have tried to watch it and it is too much for me. I also don't care for Desperate Housewives. We watched it last night and when it was over I thought, "Why did I waste my time watching that?"

There are a few shows I really like. One of them is Super Nanny. I love her! She is so great and I really like watching the bratty kids. Tonight Super Nanny is going to deal with a rebellious teen. We're watching it!
Lots of times I think the kids just need a good old fashioned spanking, but I have read Super Nanny's book and she basically says that nannies can't spank so she had to come up with other ways to deal with kids' misbehavior.

Another show I like this season is American Idol. I have never watched it before or gotten into it at all. I know, I am a little behind. But this season, for some reason, I really like the show. I still think the judges are mean, I feel so sorry for the guys and gals who are good but not good enough, and Paula looks drugged sometimes, but overall it is a fun show to watch.

And there's always Oprah! I really like watching her show most of the time. My SIL warned me that Oprah is a feminist and I shouldn't watch her show or read her magazine, but I think I am a big girl and can decide who and what to watch and read. Lots of times I turn it off because the topic doesn't relate to my life, but sometimes she has really good stuff on her show. She usually has good celebrities as guests. I have specially enjoyed watching her interviews with Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, and Jennifer Anniston.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I agree about greys anatomy & desperate housewives... blah.
I love american idol too, so funny and good family tv. I am starting to enjoy shows we can all watch together. Have you seen facing the giants? You have to get that movie, its awesome... even matt was crying :)

Annie said...

How did it go today???