Friday, February 16, 2007

Super Woman Has Left the Building

Remember my "Things To Do Before Baby is Born" list from January? I have revised it. I took off the things I have gotten done and added a few more things that I want to get done before she/he is born.

1. Go through kids’ wardrobes- get rid of extra clothes and shoes that don’t fit or they don’t wear
2. Totally baby proof the house (so that Baby Girl doesn't get into as much mischief)
3. Clean out the van- clutter, vacuum, Armor All, tires, outside of van
4. Have my garage sale
5. Send dh and kids out of town for a weekend so I can clean and declutter entire house
6. Arrange for house cleaning in last months before baby and few months after baby
7. Cook and freeze lots of meals for month after baby is born
8. Buy new infant car seat
9. Stock up on diapers (newborn, sz1, sz2)
10. Bottles (3 or 4)
11. Plan and stock an “emergency bag” for the car- snacks, water, extra clothes, extra diapers and wipes, toys, blanket, money, etc.
12. Make appointments for hair cut, highlight, wax, manicure, and pedicure for April
13. Plan birth announcements- shop for them
14. Buy birthing/exercise ball
15. Buy/choose 2 books to read after baby is born
16. Finish birth plan
17. Agree with dh on a girl name and a boy name
18. Clean up and organize my desk

Yesterday at noon I got dd12 from school because she had a fever. This morning we went to the dr. and she has...the flu! Plus, an ear infection and a sinus infection. Taking her to the dr. and all that was involved (carrying sleeping Baby Girl for part of the time, then wrestling her in the exam room) and then going to Wal Mart in the freezing cold wind to drop off prescriptions completely wore me out. I came home and crashed on the couch for 2 hours. Of course, I didn't get to sleep much, but I got to rest. That was good. I am just so tired today. A lot of my new to do list will probably get delegated. : )

1 comment:

Annie said...

Ugh, the flu is awful! Tell alex I hope she feels better soon.
Me & Bailey had a text message exchange today...
bailey: gm (translated get me now)
me: y (why)
bailey: feel bad
me: what hurts
bailey: throat
me: rebuke it
I'm sure he hated me... oh well.