Thursday, February 22, 2007



This is what my daffodils look like this morning. The funny thing is, they do not smell at all. No scent whatsoever. I am very disappointed, because their scent is my favorite thing about them. They are beautiful to look at though!

Today is a busy day for us. The little ones and I have quite a bit to do~ take clothes to seamstress, take clothes to cleaners, continue trying to find a babysitter for tomorrow (midwife appt.), put away Christmas decorations that are still hiding here and there, stock an emergency bag and put it in the van, and look for a book in the garage (I know the general vicinity of the box). Then I need to call my friend who is in town from Georgia and arrange to see her. Tonight dd12 has Girl Scouts at 6 and ds8 has a music performance at 7. Whew!

Yesterday I found someone to clean my house every other week. I arranged for her to start March 2nd and come every other Friday after that. Dh did not like this plan. So, he asked me to make him a list of things I want cleaned, things that the cleaning lady would do, and he would do those things on Saturdays. He asked me to cancel the cleaning lady's appointment on March 2nd.

He gave me a job to do while he is deep cleaning. My job is to keep the kids occupied and to fix the meals.

This is very sweet of him and I appreciate him offering to do this for me. The thing is, I am going to feel bad letting him do all of the cleaning while I watch the kids. Well, I am not going to feel bad right now, because it is getting physically harder for me to do deep cleaning chores. But after a few months, I am going to be able to do those things again, and the Saturday deep cleaning is probably going to get passed off to me. Maybe that will be no big deal.

But I kinda wanted to cleaning lady to keep coming forever!! ;) I think it would be so nice to have some help with cleaning on a consistent basis.

I know most people clean their own houses, so this is not a huge issue. I just feel like I could use some help right now and especially during the summer when I have a newborn and 6 kids home all day. It seems like the deep cleaning chores never get done. We'll see how long dh wants to keep cleaning on Saturdays. He may be begging me to call the cleaning lady after a few weeks of this. I love him, I really do.

2 comments:

Cheerful said...

Note to self...yourself You are very pregnant....that list is out of control! I wish I could just come over there and do it for you. Bytheway- I am jealous of your daffodils. ; (

Annie said...

Keep the housekeeper, utilize Corky too... there's enough for both to do... share the love!