Sunday, September 09, 2007

Beauty in the Common Things: drinking coffee with my hubby on a Sunday morning
Listen In: kids scraping their spoons against their cereal bowls
Supper Plans: grab something from the freezer, make a salad to go with it
Today I Plan To: lie in bed and cross stitch (DH asked me to stay home from church b/c I am coughing terribly and have a headache. He would probably wonder why I am blogging and not resting. This is restful though, right?)
View From the Kitchen Window: the sun peaking out from behind clouds, very pretty


Once A Month Cooking report:
I have 14 or 15 meals in the freezer
I have several bags of chopped up chicken in the freezer, ready to use in recipes
I also have 3 bags of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the freezer; I am going to use those in crockpot recipes and grilling recipes.

I am officially finished with my September OAMC! I think it went well, considering the circumstances. When I first did OAMC, I had 2 children and one of them was in school all day. My 9 year old son, who was 1 at the time, would play well by himself while I cooked for a full 8 hours. I remember putting ice cubes in a sink full of water and letting him play in it for hours. I would just refresh the ice cubes every once in a while. He loved to play in the water.
Then the last time I cooked for a month, I was barely pregnant with Baby W. It was last September or October and it was on a Saturday. Dh took care of the kids while I cooked. Dd13 helped me quite a bit and we got lots of meals prepared. The bad thing is that I got so sick with my pregnancy that I wasn't able to eat very many of the meals! My family had yummy food to eat though.

I had better go now so I can rest. Have a fantastic Sunday!

post signature

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't know if I could spend all day cooking, but it sure makes sense to have all of those meals prepared and in the freezer ready to go!

Natalie said...

I'm with you, J. I put together all my chicken meals and a few beef recipes. I have ground beef browned and in bags in the freezer.

Hope you're feeling better. Baby Motrin, I tell you. That stuff must have some magic in it!

Annie said...

Lots of work but I'm sure it will pay off in the next few weeks... next month send corey away with all the kids for three days , lol!

ann said...

Julie,
Thanks for your prayers and your kind comments. You have inspired me (once again!) I'm going to do my grocery shopping this weekend and cook up the meat and freeze it that way. I agree that having the meat already cooked will definitely make meal planning - and preparing - much easier during the week.
annb