Friday, September 21, 2007

Beauty in the Common Things: sleeping in(although it's not such a beautiful thing when it makes you late. I have let myself sleep in all week and i have let the kids sleep in all week b/c several of us have been battling allergies, mastitis, and strep throat)
Listen In: the clicking of the keys as I type, a rich silence as a backdrop
Supper Plans: Today is dh's birthday (33 years old today!!) and I am debating whether to fix his favorite (chicken pot pie~ my Papa's recipe) or to make chicken fajitas, which he also loves. We will have company here and it is very easy to feed lots of people chicken fajitas and the fixins, so that it probably what I will do.
Today I Plan To: clean up the house, work on laundry, reserve a hotel room for our guests, take care of my children, birthday shop for dh (Can you believe I haven't done this yet??), bake a cake (round layered cake with 33 stenciled on top)
View From the Kitchen Window: All I can see is my very untidy yard that needs to be groomed. Who has time to do yard work while raising kids? I actually enjoy working in the yard; it is just so hard to find the time to do it. It is much more fun to blog in my spare time. I don't get fire ant bites when I blog.

Last night I took dh out for his birthday. We went to his favorite restaurant, PF Chang. Oh, it was so good! I could eat their lettuce wraps all day long. Even for breakfast. We had a great time and Chunky Monkey slept the entire 3 hours we were gone! (he was with us) We had a babysitter for the other kids~ dd13 makes a great babysitter, especially when she knows she is getting paid!

post signature

1 comment:

Annie said...

I left Corky a happy birthday message last night on his cell...

How were the fajitas?