Monday, September 03, 2007

Beauty in the Common Things: September, the smell of a freshly mown field and burning brush, a cool breeze on a hilltop
Bible Reading: Genesis 1-3
Listen In: kids jumping on couch (I know, I know...)
Supper Plans:
burgers on the grill, baked beans, chips
Today I Plan To: do laundry, relax, cross stitch
View From the Kitchen Window:
a cloudy sky

I am working on a cross stitch that is all the names of Jesus. I have made it for several people, but this time I am making it for myself! I want it to be completed by the time we move into our new house. I am using four colors: dark beige brown (DMC 839), pale delft blue (DMC 800), straw (3821), and medium forest green (DMC 988). I based my colors on a painting I have of the Mission Bell Tower. We lived in Mission, TX for a while and the bell tower was a few miles from our house. I will put a picture of it on my blog so you will be able to see what I am talking about. But today my camera battery is dead and I can't find the charger. Okay...I haven't looked for the charger, but I don't want to get up and look for it.

I am planning to read through the Bible this next year, starting today. I am going to read a passage each day, then journal about what I read. I am going to study the character of God, what He is like, who He is, His heart. As I read, I am going to write down all the names of God, then create a cross stitch pattern with those names. A friend of mine from Oklahoma created the names of Jesus cross stitch pattern and it is beautiful! I just love it. I think she also created a pattern with the names of God, but I have not been able to get a copy of it, so I am going to make my own.

I have planned my Once a Month cooking days for tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday. I am going to make my menu and grocery list tomorrow ( I am going to get sale papers and base my menus on the meat that is on sale instead of following the menu I put on my blog last week), then do my grocery shopping tomorrow night after dinner while dh gets kids in bed. Then Wednesday will be prep day. I am going to get all of my meat and veggies cut up and prepared. Then Thursday I will put the recipes together and get everything labeled and in the freezer. Then we will order pizza for dinner that night! ha ha

I hope you have a relaxing, fun Labor Day with your loved ones!



post signature

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I like your template very much! If you need help with the sidebar, let me know. :)

ann said...

I love the new layout. I like the idea of preparing several meals ahead - on the weekend - for the following week. My biggest problem is that there are only three of us at home now and Chance is probably the pickiest eater you could ever meet! Jody doesn't like chicken (which I love) nor does he like fish (which I also love). It's really hard to fix meals that the boys will eat unless it's meat (anything but chicken or fish) and potatoes for Jody or pepperoni pizza, popcorn chicken or cajun turkey sandwiches for Chance! You see my dilemma?! I don't think it's possible to make up meals around here. It's kind of like "Okay, you don't like anything? Fend for yourself, then!"
Anyway, love the layout and the idea of make ahead meals. I would love to see a picture of your cross stitch project when it's finished.
In His Love and Blessings,
annb