Thursday, September 20, 2007

Beauty in the Common Things: a sleeping baby, a chubby baby, a happy baby (did I mention that Baby weighs 18.5 pounds at 4 1/2 months old? His new blog name is Chunky Monkey)
Listen In: Baby Girl whining and wanting me to "Doove" (move)
Supper Plans: : Grilled chicken, potatoes, raw vegetable slices (cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper), corn
Today I Plan To: take ds5 to dr., go to Target, make grocery list for the next 7 days, go to grocery store tonight when dh gets home
View From the Kitchen Window: our van, trash cans by the curb (leftover from trash day Tuesday), a lawn that needs to be mowed


Here is the picture I took of ds7 #2's lunch:
sliced cheese, 1/2 pb sandwich, 1/2 turkey sandwich, cucumbers, carrots, and cantaloupe. Juice to drink.
It was very fun to make! And he was excited about it. I got these boxes at Wal Mart. They were in a set and are called Lock and Lock boxes. At Target, they have a lock and lock box for $3.49 that has 4 separate compartments inside one larger box. I am taking ds5 to the dr. this afternoon and we are going to run by Target after the appt. and look for those boxes. It is just fun, really. IMO, the whole draw to making bento lunches is to give your kids something healthy, something cute, and make smaller portions. We are a super-sized society and kids don't need that much food. We could make the kids a healthy, small portioned lunch without making bento lunch boxes. Bento lunch boxes are just so darn CUTE!! That is why I am drawn to it. : )


post signature

2 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

That IS super cute!!! I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep, so I checked out the sites you had put in your post about Bentos...I also did some internet searching about them. I'm kind of getting excited about trying it, too. When you first said it, I thought I would get tired of the work and wouldn't keep up with it.

Anyway...I'm going to try this, too. I'm going to shop for some new cookie cutters. Yea!

ann said...

Wow! You two are funny - you have so many of the same ideas and beliefs! It's a good thing you live so far apart! Elizabeth would probably spend more time with you - sharing and working on "domestic issues" - than she does with me. Anyway, great ideas and the prepared food really is cute. Thanks for sharing.
In His Love and Blessings,
annb