Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Planning and Preparation

  • Mom’s Spaghetti (2 dinners)
  • Orange Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry (2 dinners)
  • Taco Soup (2 dinners)
  • Beef Gyros (2 dinners)
  • Shredded Beef Tacos (2 dinners)
  • Crock pot black bean salsa chicken (2 dinners)
  • Vegetarian Taco Stuffed Potatoes (2 dinners)
  • Annie’s Taquitos (3 pounds of meat)
  • Garlic Lime Chicken (2 dinners)
  • Sticky Chicken (2 meals)
  • Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas (2 meals)
  • Chicken Fajita meat/Chicken taco meat (2 meals)
  • Pizza kits (6 kits) (2 meals)
  • Black Bean and Turkey Chili with Frito's (2 meals)
  • Shepherd’s Pie (2 meals)=
  • Hamburger Soup (2 meals)
  • Spiced Citrus Dump Chicken (1 meal)= 33 meals

I made my revised menu today. Then I made the grocery list and planned what I am going to do tomorrow.

Basically, I am going to shop early, then come home, get the kids their lunch and put them down for naps. Then dd13 and I will brown hb meat, cook chickens, chop veggies, and cook beans in the crock pots and pots on the stove.

Hmmm...sounds like a really hot kitchen! Hopefully it will be cool here tomorrow. It was in the upper 80s today. That wasn't too bad. It rained here all day and I enjoyed that.

I just remembered that I printed out several Body Clutter(go to www.flylady.net to get info on Body Clutter) menus and was going to look at them to see what I could cook and freeze. I really wanted to use some of those recipes, but I totally forgot until just now.
I think I will just keep it the way it is and figure out the points on each meal tomorrow. The Body Clutter menus have the points listed for each recipe and I was looking forward to having healthy meals (with low points) that already had the points figured up for me. Oh well, I will just have to figure out the points myself this month. Next month I will use the Body Clutter meals.

post signature

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That's a good menu! I like that Leanne's menus all have carbohydrate counts per serving, so it's easy to figure out the insulin for J. - and Leanne's menus are all balanced out with side dish suggestions. I need those sometimes because I tend to go blank after a long day. When it's all typed out for me, it's so much easier.

Annie said...

Did you get stuff for eggrolls? I just finished making up the rest and ate one for lunch... it was yummy. yay!

Hope W slept and let you shop and hope you stayed dry :o)