Monday, September 17, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday~Birthday Edition

This was a really great birthday. Annie can testify to that, right Annie? This birthday was in 1998 and I was turning 22. Corey planned a surprise birthday party for me. I really had no idea. He had lots of people in on it, but the most important person who helped him was Annie.

I had been at work all day and was bummed out because I wasn't going to see Corey till the next day. We were still dating at this point and I lived with my parents with my 2 little kids, ages 4 and 7 months.

I got home after work and walked into the house and there were lots of people there, a cake, balloons, streamers, the whole shebang!
But my daughter kept telling me to go look in my bedroom. She kept saying it over and over again. "Go look in your room, Mommy! Go look in your room!!"

So, I went back to my room and there were balloons covering my ceiling. Corey, who was supposedly at work and wouldn't see me till the next day, popped out of my closet, with a rose and a diamond, and asked me to marry him! It was the most special birthday I have ever had.

He is still that wonderful, too.

post signature

10 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

I came over via Annie's blog. What a beautiful blog first off. I enjoyed your birthday memories. I got engaged in 1998 too :-)

Very romantic!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Oh my goodness! That is the sweetest birthday gift he could ever give you! I am so glad you shared this, your post made me happy :)

Anonymous said...

What a special birthday!!! Thanks for sharing!

Annie said...

I had almost forgotten the details of that birthday! It was pretty spectacular huh???
It was so much fun to be in on that surprise!

Blessed Beyond a doubt.... said...

So, so sweet! What a wonderful birthday!

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

How sweet!

Shawna said...

How romantic! The perfect surprise!!

Corey~living and loving said...

awwwwwwwwwww that even made me a bit choked up! Sounds lovely!

Nancy Face said...

That is honestly the most special and wonderful birthday I've ever heard of! Thank you for sharing it!

Michelle said...

oh that is just the sweetest thing!! I can see why that would be your most memorable birthday!